These delicious slices of heaven were inspired by our friends at Hippie Lane but, we have tweaked the recipe for the UK stores and our taste buds 🙂
90g Almond Meal
40g Dessicated Coconut
40g Cacao Powder
150g Medjool Dates (pitted)
3 Tbsp Agave SyrupGenerous pinch of Salt
300g Cashews (soaked for minimum of 4 hours)
100g Coconut butter (softened)120ml Coconut Milk
3 Tbsp Agrave Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla Powder
Cacao Nibs for decoration
- Remember to have soaked the cashews for 4+ hours prior to starting.
- Start off with the base, place walnuts and almond into the food processor and process until they break down into small pieces. Add the almond meal, desiccated coconut, cacao and salt and pulse.
- Add dates and agave into the mixture, which when pulse, should start to become sticky (if it is not binding together, add more agave syrup).
- Press the mixture into a lines baking tin and transfer to the freezer while you make the cream.
- For the cream, drain cashews and process with coconut butter, coconut milk and agave syrup. Process for a long time as we want the cashew to be broken down in order to produce a smooth consistency. Fold through the vanilla powder and then pour over the base. Sprinkle the cacao nibs for decoration and leave to set in the freezer.
- Cut into bars prior to serving, in a 30cm x 20cm baking tin, we cut into about 16 🙂
Love Boom and Bird x